Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dunwoody, GA (On-Site)
SmartPM is an Atlanta-based project controls SaaS company that is looking to fill our Business Development Manager role with relevant construction knowledge to work in an exciting, fast-paced, fun, and rewarding start-up environment to support our growing client base.
Job Description: Business Development Manager
At SmartPM, our Business Development Manager position is pivotal in driving our mission to connect with new clients through dynamic outbound and inbound communications. Leveraging cutting-edge software tools and sharp research skills, you will identify and engage with key stakeholders within our target markets. Potential business development managers must confidently lead the business development team and collaborate across departments. This involves regular communication, support, and guidance to ensure the company consistently exceeds client expectations.
In this role, you will establish and own KPIs and consistently monitor and track results, ensuring team execution meets and exceeds sales goals. Your success in this position hinges on your experience in a high-performance, dynamic environment. Working closely with Sales and Marketing, you’ll develop effective strategies, propelling sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong client relationships.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of Business Development Representatives (BDR) to develop and qualify lead opportunities, resulting in high-quality lead generation
- Work closely with account executives to ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow-up; align BDR pipeline product to the needs of the sales organization
- Attract, hire, and retain high-performing BDRs by driving a performance culture within the team
- Provide training and support to the BDR team to better understand the Sales Development role, SmartPM’s products (industry, market, proposition), and best practices for outbound prospecting
- Ensure the team consistently leverages SmartPM’s sales methodology to source, qualify, and transition opportunities as quickly, efficiently, and independently as possible
- Conduct regular call reviews and coaching sessions with BDRs
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on team’s performance as well as accurate forecasts to sales leadership based on individual BDR’s performance and historical trends
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiency and productivity
What We’re Looking For
- A highly focused and motivated self-starter with a track record of achieving goals and overcoming obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, construction, technology or a related field is preferred
- 3+ years of previous sales or business development experience
- 1+ years management experience in a business development environment
- Track record in hiring, developing and promoting Business Development Representatives
- Proven experience prospecting via cold calling, email, and social selling
- Experience using and implementing a sales methodology
- Consistent track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as an individual contributor
- Superior time management and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with CRM systems, HubSpot preferred
- Experience managing people to overachieve against performance goals
- Ability to work independently and manage day-to-day activities that are relevant to the sales team to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy
- A collaborative teammate who enjoys friendly competition
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a high-growth technology company with a supportive and energizing culture. At SmartPM, we are dedicated to our collective growth, development, and success. If you’re prepared to be an integral member of our dynamic team as our Business Development Manager, we invite you to apply.