Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dunwoody, GA (On-Site)
SmartPM is an Atlanta-based project controls SaaS company that is looking to fill various Business Development Representative roles with relevant construction knowledge to work in an exciting, fast-paced, fun, and rewarding start-up environment to support our growing client base.
Job Description: Business Development Representative
At SmartPM, our Business Development Representatives are the tip of the spear and play a critical role in helping SmartPM find new clients through outbound communication. Your outbound communication secures the meetings for SmartPM to engage with our prospective clients in demonstrating their world with SmartPM. You will leverage software tools and your own ability to research the right people within target markets to secure meetings with the prospect and a SmartPM subject matter expert
The SmartPM business development representative is a brand ambassador and often the first line of communication with a new prospective client for SmartPM. You will gain valuable hands-on experience in the most impactful area of a B2B tech company. The role is fast-paced and is intended to be the building blocks for you to become an integral member of our sales team. This is a rare opportunity for recent graduates and/or early career professionals seeking to join a high-growth technology company with a supportive and energizing culture. If this sounds like you, join SmartPM and let us all meet our collective goals together for growth, development, and success.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize cold email, cold calling, social selling, and networking as lead development to generate new business opportunities.
- Engage with potential buyers in identified business accounts to develop these leads into MQL (marketing qualified leads) with the goal of generating a sales pipeline for the rest of the team.
- Develop leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Outbound prospecting to a targeted list of prospects
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
What We’re Looking For
- A highly focused and motivated self-starter with a track record of achieving goals and overcoming obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of relevant experience in sales, business development, marketing, etc.
- Working understanding of, or ability to quickly learn sales/CRM software systems (Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.)
- Previous cold-calling experience preferred
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Superb writing, communication, and listening skills; you must understand objections and defeat them by turning skeptics into ecstatic new customers
- Background or strong interest in construction management, materials, or technology a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage day-to-day activities that are relevant to the sales team to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy
- A collaborative teammate who enjoys friendly competition
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a high-growth technology company with a supportive and energizing culture. At SmartPM, we are dedicated to our collective growth, development, and success. If you’re prepared to be an integral member of our dynamic team as our Business Development Manager, we invite you to apply.